Help Improve the Lives of Women and Girls
Your support is critical to our shared success. Soroptimist of Raleigh depends upon the support of donors like you to make our programs possible.
The money we raise each year goes to funding the various awards given and service projects benefiting women and girls.
- Soroptimist Raleigh currently awards Live Your Dream grants of $2000 each.
- In our Live Your Dream Plus program we follow up with our awardees for up to three years, mentoring them to afford ongoing support both non-financial as well as financial.
- With Dream It, Be It we hold a series of seven workshops that target teen girls who face obstacles to their future success. This program provides girls with access to professional role models, career education and the resources to live their dreams.
- In the area of Ending Violence we publish Teen Dating Violence bookmarks and Fast Facts about Human Trafficking cards.
- Last but not least, we also support Soroptimist’s global Educate to Lead programs.
What $10 Will Buy
✔ One day’s lunch for three teen girls who are participating in a “Dream It, Be It” workshop OR
✔ 250 Fast Facts About Human Trafficking cards which are distributed to first responders and law enforcement
What $25 Will Buy
✔ 150 teen dating violence bookmarks, which we distribute via InterAct’s healthy relationships program in Wake County middle and high schools, as well as in our “Dream It, Be It” program or
✔ A Stored Value Card which provides bus fare to one of our “Live Your Dream Plus” participants or
✔ Training materials for a teacher who is participating in our “Educate to Lead” program in Nepal
What $50 Will Buy
✔ A day of day care for the children of a woman who is a family’s primary wage earner and who is in school to improve her employment prospects or
✔ bus fare for 45 days for that woman or
✔ A Holiday grocery gift card for one of our “Live Your Dream Plus” participants